Wow is an understatement. 2019, like most years as I’m getting older seem to fly past. 365 days when I was in university, seems a lot longer compared to now. What a year we, as a business and industry have had.
Sitting back with the team, we categorized the year as one with two distinct halves.
- The first half was plagued with negative media coverage surrounding the Banking Royal Commission. It brought to light some terrible practices by our larger institutions, which then had an effect on lending and property prices. This was further exacerbated by the election and a slowing economy.
- The second half saw an election and multiple interest rate cuts push the property market back the roaring 2016/2017’s – something not many predicted. With this has come a new more prudent lending standard, which we as a business are glad for.
- I’d personally never seen a swing like this! However, was an instant reminder of the key concept of price vs. value. As the market over-corrected, the price of a property reduced drastically driven by lending and negative media articles rather than an actual value decrease. As soon as these items were corrected, prices rose back to meet its true value!
During these two halves, our business has felt never sturdier. The values we hold of helping our clients make the #rightdecision provided the backbone for all our services and procedures. Our success this year saw a number of highlights:
- We added a new Property Advisory division
- Our offshore team doubled in headcount
- Our office space got smaller, then bigger, then got a TV and PS4
- Our branding had a tweak and so did our website
None of these items would ever happen, without the support of you; our clients, our business partners, friends and family. April next year we will be 4 years old, something I am personally very proud of. Next year, we are going to really ramp things up to provide much more value than ever before.
What’s on the agenda for us:
- We want to better provide you with industry insights, tips and tricks we have learnt. So prepare to hear a little bit more from us via our monthly newsletter.
- If you want to really hear from us, we will be launching our own property podcast – The Trunking Truth About Property – stay tuned!
- Our Property Advisory team is looking to grow and help as many clients through the arduous journey of buying and selling a property.
But! Before all that kicks off, I’m personally looking forward to a break, spending time with family and enjoying some sun (hopefully when it turns up consistently). Thank you again, the team and I are could not be more excited for next year, and I hope you all have a well-deserved rest!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.